Dumaguete; 2019

March 17, 2019


Hello folks! I know it's been awhile and I always say this but my life has been in chaos for the past months resulting for me to forget about blogging because of some things I still needed to prioritize. I promise to be active as much as possible for the next couple of months!!! Don't worry, I've got a lot of pending blogposts for you guys! I'm actually in my final year of Senior and that's why I needed to focus on my studies for the last months. At the moment, I'm done with my finals, but I still need to go to school for compliance and bits and bobs that is necessary for a graduating student. Enough with a lil life update! This post is all about our small Dumaguete trip back in January, and if you follow me on instagram (link at the side!) you can notice some of the pictures in this blogpost. 

So we went to Dumaguete at the last week of January of this year, because of our passport renewal, it's our main agenda and the reason why we went. We stayed for 2 days and 1 night, We started travelling at 12 midnight from our home to Santander, Cebu and rode a boat from Cebu to Negros Oriental. We touched down at Negros at around 6 or 7 in the morning and had our breakfast at Jollibee and stopped at The Boulevard to take some pics and also to familiarize the city.




After a little bit of sight-seeing, we then looked for a hotel for us to stay in. Luckily, we found a guest house which is fairly cheap and it has a good accommodation. We stayed at Sola Guest House, around 10 am in the morning, we just unwind at our room for a bit, specifically, I remembered I took a nap as I was tired from the whole travelling. By 12, we ate at our room and prepared ourselves for our appointment for our passport. We went to Robinsons Dumageute, where Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) - Dumaguete is located. After our appointment, we strolled around the mall and I got some keychains for my friends but sadly, I already gave it to them without taking any  pictures! We also stopped by at the grocery to buy some necessary things and also some pasalubong.



Later that day, we visited a church (I know, I am not helpful cause I already forget the names). It was stunning. It's one of the oldest and there was so much history embeded on the said church that makes you interested of the said city.

After, we went back to our room and decided to eat supper inside. We were planning to eat outside but we were so exhausted to the point we all wanted to sleep, but I managed to journal a bit before I went to sleep that night.

The next day, it was time for us to go back, but since we woke up early, we still have some time to stroll around the city. We went to Silliman University, a well-known university in the city and took some photos and ate breakfast at Sansrival.




The lasanga was another level! It was really delicious and I luvvvvvvv its toasted bread as a side dish. I also paired it with a hot calamansi juice which is again, I wasn't expecting for it to be that good! The price is very reasonable for its taste and quantity, so if you happen to visit the city, give this cafe a try.


Endless mirror selfie cause, why not?


Overall, I had a good stay at Dumaguete though we didn't stayed for too long. I love the city that feels like a province haha. Well, comparing to Cebu City, the city where I live and spent the rest of my life, it is very different, the way people treat you, road precautionary measures, the ambiance, everything! It is very chill, laid-back city with such a good history to tell for the future generation.

Till next time, friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe