I'm a wee-bit Irish!

March 10, 2018


St. Patrick's Day is coming up, and I thought why not exert a lil effort? Our country doesn't really 'celebrate' St. Patty's day, (i guess it is something big in the west but nope. not in the pacific.) but heyyyyyyyyy, your girl wants to be festive as much as she can. This blogpost aims you to show a make-up look, outfit idea and a treat that you can rock on St. Patrick's Day! Let's start of with make-up.


It looks like I don't have make-up on but trust me, I do!! It's a very simple make-up look, not really a scene stealer but still screams I'm a wee-bit Irish! (For clarifications, I don't have an Irish blood. haha. My parents are both Filipino w/ a bit of Spanish & Chinese blood.)


I start off by applying concealer to the areas I needed coverage, like my under eyes, my chin, and some parts of my forehead. Blend it all out and set it with your favorite powder.



For eyes, I took a brown eyeshadow and apply it all over my lids. Taking a small eyeshadow brush, I took some green eyeshadow and apply it onto my lower lash line. Going back to my eyelids, I take a cream eyeshadow and place it on the inner half of my eye lids. Blend it out with the brown one.
This eye look was inspired by Meredith's Video, (you can check the video by clicking me!). And modified it a lil bit to suit my style.



Curl you lashes and apply a couple coats of mascara. Now, here's my lil twist, take your highlighter or in my case, a white shimmery eyeshadow and also take a lil bit of green eyeshadow. Apply it to the area you used to apply your highlighter. Or I you already have a highlighter with a green undertone (i think there's no one) , then you can go ahead and wear that like normal.


For lips I just went for a sheer liptint.




As for fashion, I went for a lil out of my comfort zone, a a green dress and paired with sneakers and a choker.
Dress - Thrifted
Choker - Broadway Gems
Socks - Daiso Japan
Sneakers - Keds





Bonus treat! Want to get way more extra so here's a mug cake that you can make on St. Patty's day!

You will need:
4 tbsp. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
3 tbsp. Sugar (white)
1/2 tbsp. butter, softened
4 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
pinch of salt
few drops of green food coloring until the desired color is acheived

*mix the wet ingredients first then start adding the dry ones. Put it on the microwave for 1min & 30seconds depending on your microwave so you need to check it from time to time. In my case, I put mine for 2mins.*
** the mug cake recipe was orginally from https://bitzngiggles.com/easy-vanilla-mug-cake/ and did changed a bit to satisfy my likes.*



Stay green and wish you luck!
Till next time, friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe