Summer Favorites!

October 26, 2018


Hello friends! I know it's been awhile like I always say but today I am finally doing my Summer Favorites! which has been postponed for quite some time now. haha. I'll also be doing my Autumn Favorites so stay tuned! It is currently our Semestral Break so I still I now got a plenty of time to do blogposts for my blog. Catching up at its finest haha! Anyways, here are my summer favorites for 2018.


As much as I would like to start off with some beauty products, I just quickly wanna mention about my obsession when it comes to Milktea especially Nestea Milktea, the ones you can get at probably any supermarket nearby. It was actually part of this favorites but sadly, I lost the image (technical problems and negligence). I love how cheap they are and they satisfy my milktea needs! My favorite flavors are Hokkaido, Wintermelon and Thai. 


Jumping right into beauty, I don't have a lot but oh well. First one is a cheek color by Simply Pretty by AVON in CC03 Rosy Cheeks. Though, I don't use it as a cheek color, instead, I use it as my highlighter because it has that settle peach tint but it is more on the shimmer. At first, I was planning to use it as a peach eyeshadow but when I swatched it, it has a minimal touch of peach. Nevertheless, I am getting a good use out of this product as my highlighter.


The next two beauty items are for the brows! The first one is also from Simply Pretty by AVON, their Eyebrow Defining Pencil in black. This is actually my first brow product that I ever purchased in my entire life but it took me quite awhile to use it because back then, I didn't like how I look when I do something with my brows. The product itself is very smooth in my brows and it is very pigmented so you need a light hand in using it. 

The other brow product is from Daiso Japan and it is my go-to brow product. It has a built-in spolie (spollie?! idk how u spell that) which makes it more convenient. I think it is in the shade dark brown? haha but definitely this is the darkest shade available. I like it because it doesn't break off easily and the shade works so well with my brows. 


Here is grizz! my companion during nighttime. I got grizz from Miniso a few months back and he seriously changes my mood in an instant! From 3 to 1000!


During the summertime when we went to the mall, I got to visit a Bookstore that sells secondhand books called Booksale. When my brother and I were about to leave, a certain book caught my attention, as I saw a little glimpse of its cover. My instinct was right. It was the book I really wanted back when I was in primary school! Little Bear! I really love the illustrations and enjoy this book like how I did back when I was child. I originally have this book back then but our teacher told us to bring a book for our mini library, of course I chose my favorite book to bring it along with me. It turns out, we will never gonna get the books again huhu. After that, I never get to read the story again so I was super thrilled when I saw it on the bookstore and couldn't help but buy it. Like the old times, it still gives me the same chills like how it did when I was a child.


A Song-Jong Ki pouch to hold all my girly necessities whenever I go out! The pouch was given to me by my friend for Christmas. Since then, I have been using it as my go-to pouch!


These pins from Forever 21 are perfect when you wanna add a little bit of touch on your outfit. 


Probably one of the best finds I found in a Thrift Shop is this shirt with a tiger and japan embroidery at the back. 


Also thirfted this little fella that became one of my most worn clothes of 2018. I love how versatile this top is.


This is actually a dress that ToSave.com sent me! I have created a blogpost about it, you can check it here!


Another thrifted dress that I wore numerous times. You never know what you will get inside a thrift store. hekhek.


Andddddd, last from the fashion category, here are some tote bags both from Forever 21. These bags are my thing back in the summertime as they complete the whole outfit well enough! I highly recommend checking out Forever 21 as they have a good selection of cute totes! 


The songs I've been listening to:













As for drama, I only have one but this drama made me crazy over the summertime! Title: Good Morning Call. Ahhhhhh!!!!! I don't like to ramble about the things that I have watched because I will end up telling the whole story! but, it is somewhat like Itazura na Kiss (hahaahahaha you know my obsession when it comes to that show right?) the guy, Uehara Hisashi is good looking, smart but cold hearted. haha. and the girl, Nao Yoshikawa also displays what Kotoko is haha. not really good in terms of studies, clumsy but unlike Kotoko, she can cook. haha. They were forced to live together because of certain circumstances and overtime, they got to develop their feelings for each other. If you are a fan of light dramas, then Season 1 is for you but be prepared for Season 2!!!! The real drama is found at the second season!!! ahahahah


Gakuen Babysitters shows you how taking care of children can be lovely sometimes. 


A lot of people might probably know or watched this anime, but if you haven't and you wanna cry, I recommend watching Anohana; The flower we saw that day


Ahhhhh.. Grave of the Fireflies. Also cried a lot because of this film. It takes place back in the second world war and it shows the struggles of Japanese Citizens as the war is about to end. I fell inlove with Setsuko the most and got to appreciate that I was born in this generation, where wars are minimized. Highly recommended when you wanna open your eyes about the reality. This is surely teach you a lot of lessons.


Whisper of the Heart! I think this is my second favorite film from Studio Ghibli. The first one is of course, Grave of the Fireflies. This film also reminded me that I should take my time and not worry whether I am progressing or not. I should stop comparing myself to others because we all have the right time to shine. Flowers doesn't bloom all together. 


And last but not the least, Ocean Waves, another film by studio ghibli that captured my heart. Setting aside how aesthetic is film is, it also made me realize that when we love a certain person, without even knowing it, we pay so much attention to him/her. This is somewhat confusing when I was watching it but I eventually got the message as the film is about to end. Just, watch all the ghibli films, hahaahaha.


Favorite youtuber! Give it up for Clahrah! She's based in Hongkong and usually her vlogs consists of clips of her, studying. Not only she's very aesthetic, she's also very studious and does well in academics. She's one of my inspiration when it comes to studying midterms or finals. Give her some love by watching some of her videos!

That's pretty much it! I hope you enjoyed reading my summer favs even tough it took me a while to post it. I was really busy with school and I couldn't squeeze making blogposts in my schedule because whenever I have free time, I rather sleep because being in 12th grade is pretty much exhausting. But anyways, thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you on my next blogpost!

Till next time, friends!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe