2021 Christmas Junk Journal Release

November 05, 2021


Finally releasing my first ever junk journal collection! I initially planned to release it last September 2021 however, I wasn't able to finish it right away because school just started and I didn't have enough time to do some extra curricular stuff. I kept on moving the deadline until October 2021. After my exams, we had a long weekend and I make use of the time given before school starts the week after. I worked on the journals from where I left it off, and I was able to finish the journals within 2 days, (and then I got sick sooo ;T-T; 

In order to break procrastination for me, (because setting this project aside was indeed a procrastination) I need to force myself to actually do it. ---and that is the hardest part. Also, knowing that you still have plenty of time to finish the task makes it harder to do it. I guess that is what happened to me in the past few months. Last week, since it is the only chance I have to make this release come to life, I was able to actually do it and finish it in a matter of three to four days. Honestly, I highly recommend to stick to your plan, otherwise you will be cramming yourself resulting to over fatigue like what I experienced. Though, I am all good now! 

Ever since I entered the realm of junk journaling last quarter, I have always dreamt about releasing my own junk journal collection for Christmas. I was quite hesitant if I can make it because sometimes, life gives you bad surprises but hey, I did it! and now I am doing this blogpost for y'all where I showcase my creations. The reason why I wanted to release this Christmas collection as early as September is because I want to give people who are interested in buying my journals a good amount of time to save up because honestly, junk journals are hella expensive to make. Considering the materials I used to make these books, plus I got sick while trying to finish it, no doubt, I will not going to lower my price on these journals. These journals are one of a kind and I see junk journals as a form of tangible art. I wish I can keep all of these journals but realistically, I wouldn't be able to use all of them.

For this journal release, there are four junk journals available, 1 Golden Book, and 3 Journals made out of food boxes. These junk journals are made similarly but different in its pages. Each journal has three signatures. To ensure durability, each signature is stitched before it was binded on the journal cover. A needle and thread is used to bind these journals. Charms are also added at the spine of each journal. All four journals have the same selection of beads however, each journal have unique charms, like a unicorn and an angel. How the beads were assembled differs from one another. All journals have a ribbon enclosure and some page tabs. Page tabs are added using a stapler but if you do not like the look of page tabs, you can simply take it off.

RELEASE DATE: 11th of November, 2021; PH residents only



Journal #1: Little Golden Book Christmas Junk journal
Price: 750 PHP

Specifications:
  • Silk Maroon Fabric is used for its spine
  • Three signatures
  • Pages are bound using a needle and maroon thread
  • Charm is attached at the spine with a combination of the following: beads, laces, ribbons and little jingle bells
  • Lace is run through the side.
  • Ribbon enclosure
  • Story book pages are included in a chronological manner, so you can still read the story as you fill out your junk journal!
  • Page tabs are added
  • Size of the journal: L: 8 in. W: 6 in.
  • Size of the spine: 2.3 inches
  • 64 single sided pages; 128 double sided pages -- story book pages are excluded
  • 76 single sided pages; 152 double sided pages -- story book pages are included
  • Goody pouch is included 

*pricing is based on the cost spent on each book*



Junk Journal #2: Forest Green Junk Journal
Price: 420 PHP 

Specifications:
  • Textured journal cover - front, back and spine
  • Acrylic paint is used to paint the cover
  • Has a hole on the cover showcasing a patterned scrapbook paper
  • Three signatures
  • Pages are bound using a needle and dark green thread
  • Charm is attached at the spine with a combination of the following: beads, laces, ribbons and little jingle bells
  • Ribbon enclosure
  • Page tabs are added
  • Size of the journal: L: 7 in. W: 3.5 in.
  • Size of the spine: 1.7 inches
  • 41 single sided pages; 82 double sided pages 
  • Goody pouch is included
*pricing is based on the cost spent on each book*



Junk Journal #3: Dark Brown Junk Journal
Price: 420 PHP

Specifications:
  • Textured journal cover - front, back and spine
  • Acrylic paint is used to paint the cover
  • Has a hole on the cover showcasing a patterned scrapbook paper
  • Three signatures
  • Pages are bound using a needle and dark brown thread
  • Charm is attached at the spine with a combination of the following: beads, laces, ribbons and little jingle bells
  • Ribbon enclosure
  • Page tabs are added
  • Size of the journal: L: 6.7 in. W: 3.8 in.
  • Size of the spine: 2 inches
  • 50 single sided pages; 100 double sided pages 
  • Goody pouch is included
*pricing is based on the cost spent on each book*



Junk Journal #4: Navy Blue Junk Journal
Price: 350 PHP

Specifications:
  • Textured journal cover - front, back and spine
  • Acrylic paint is used to paint the cover
  • Has a hole on the cover showcasing a patterned scrapbook paper
  • Three signatures
  • Pages are bound using a needle and black thread
  • Charm is attached at the spine with a combination of the following: beads, laces, ribbons and little jingle bells
  • Ribbon enclosure
  • Page tabs are added
  • Size of the journal: L: 6.7 in. W: 3.8 in.
  • Size of the spine: 2 inches
  • 42 single sided pages; 84 double sided pages 
  • Goody pouch is included
*pricing is based on the cost spent on each book*


A goody pouch will be included in every purchase of my junk journals. This goody pouch includes:

  • Label stickers
  • 1 pc. Time Card
  • 15 pcs. Assorted Christmas themed papers 
  • 10 pcs. Paper doilies - 5 pcs. each size 
  • 3 Washi samples
  • 12 inches Red ribbon sample
  • 2 pcs. Wax Seal
  • 1 pc. Polaroid style forest picture
  • 1 pc. Christmas gift tag
I wanted to include a goody pouch in every junk journal purchase to give the buyer enough stationery to start journaling or to make journal ephemera or embellishments. 


I also curated a Christmas themed Ephemera pack for those people who wanted to get ahold of Christmas themed papers and stationery items for their Christmas journal entries. These are packed using Christmas themed scrapbook paper which you can use your journaling as well! Limited in quantity, I only made five of these. You can get one for only 80 PHP. 

Inclusions:

  • 2 sheets Red label stickers
  • 1 pc. Time Card
  • 60 pcs. Assorted Christmas Themed Papers
  • 10 pcs. Paper Doilies - 5 pcs. each size
  • 12 inches Ribbon sample
  • 1 pc. Wax seal
  • 5 washi samples
  • 1 Red Bow embellishment



I hope you found something you liked! 
Thanks for dropping by!






















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe