Midnight Baking Sessions

October 31, 2021

 


Sharing to you some of the photographs I took when I stayed up all night (not really) baking cookies last august! I made some Cat-shaped sugar cookies because I got some cat-shaped cookie cutters and our family staple, oatmeal cookies. I took these photos after I finished baking. 

For this blogpost, I'll be sharing to you the recipes I followed to make these cookies and also a quick life update because when is the best time updating one's blog other than its blog anniversary?

Yass! my blog just turned six today! *party noises*. As I grow older, I became inconsistent in updating my blog. Especially when I started University. Priorities changed giving me little to no energy thinking about my blog. Despite the rise of different social platforms found on the internet, I find blogging comforting to me. It suits my lifestyle as I don't have the guts to be a YouTuber. Although I do have a Youtube channel where I share my stationery finds. I also hate managing multiple instagram accounts and I don't really check instagram that much. Despite the fall of the blogging empire, I still find it relevant and useful for people like me who wants to have a safe corner on the internet where we can ramble about the things we've been obsessing. 

I honestly didn't know why my motivation to blog again came back. Was it because I know my blog is turning six? No. Maybe there is something about October that reminds me to come back and check my blog once in a while. Also, I don't know why but some pictures on my previous blogposts cannot be seen. I guess blogger has some issues so apologies if you've visited some of my old blogposts where you cannot see the pictures T^T

Despite blogging for several years, my blog remains nonexistent to most of my real life friends. A handful of people knows about my blog because I do put my blog link on my Twitter account back then. I still have that anxiety of being judged in what I post in my blog. Especially cringe worthy old blogposts. Although I find some of my old blogposts cringe worthy, I still want those blogposts accessible to the public. In that way, you can see my progress in making a blogpost. From the word selection and how I take photos.  

Enough with the life update! here are the recipes I followed to make these cookies! Give it a try!


Sugar Cookie Recipe 

Makes 40 Servings

1 cup Unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

(1) Begin by combining butter and sugar until creamy and well combined. Note that the butter must be in room temperature.
(2) Add egg and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture.
(3) Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Make sure all dry ingredients are well incorporated.
(4) Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined
(5) Divide the dough in half and cover the dough with plastic wrap and let the dough chill for 2 - 3 hours inside the fridge. 
(6) Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350F or 175C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
(7) Sprinkle flour on a clean surface where you will be rolling out the cookie dough.
(8) Roll the cookie dough with a rolling pin to your desired thickness. The recipe recommended how thick your dough should be but I just winged mine.
(9) Cut out shapes using cookie cutters! If you don't have cookie cutters, then you can get creative! You may use cups or cans to cut shapes.
(10) Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes or until its edges are turning golden brown. 

I wasn't able to add frosting to my cookies because I lack powdered sugar but you can check the link of the recipe I followed since it also share its sugar cooking frosting recipe! 



Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Makes 24 Servings

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
Optional: Raisins

Directions:

(1) Combine butter (in room temperature) and sugars in a mixing bowl. Once well combined, add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla extract.
(2) In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. 
(3) Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Then, add raisins if you like. Chocolate chips can be added as well. you do you ~
(4) Add the oats and combine it well. Chill the dough for at least one hour.
(5) Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C. Add parchment paper to the baking tray.
(6) Scoop the dough using a spoon or an ice cream scooper. Roll the dough into balls and using a spoon or fork, flatten the dough. Place the cookies on the baking tray having 2 inches apart from each other.
(7) Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.



Cheers to six years of blogging!
Thanks for dropping by,







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe