Spring Favs

April 03, 2018


It's been awhile since I've done a favorites blogpost. For this year, I decided to do it according to the 4 Seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I will be posting favorites for every 3 months since I noticed sometimes, I couldn't bare the things I needed to do and not having enough time to make a blogpost. So, to be safe enough, I'm doing it this way. I hope you don't mind. :)


Starting off with skin care, I am really liking this Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by Neutrogena. This is similar to the oil-free acne wash that I mentioned in my 2018 Skin Care Routine blogpost, but this one has grapefruit extract with vitamin C. It does the same as the other one but hey, I mean grapefruit extract? hi? I also liked this product since it is not drying and maintains my skin condition well. 


Also found in my 2018 Skincare Routine blogpost is this bad boy from Daiso which is the Aloe Facial Cleansing Foam. But sadly, I haven't been using this product as part of my skincare routine since I finished the last bits of the cleansing foam and I couldn't find it in my local Daiso store :( This was only a Christmas Gift from a friend of my Mom and maybe she didn't bought this cleansing foam here in Cebu, probably, she bought the cleansing foam in Manila though I AM NOT SURE. But this product is worth the money, I really liked it. If you can get this puppy at your local Daiso store, spending a lil bit of money won't hurt alryt? 


The next product is probably the best out of all these items here, its the Palmolive Naturals Nourishing Delight Body Wash, it has milk and honey extract which instantly nourishes your skin leaving you baby soft skin. It also reminded me of St. Ive's Nourish and Soothe Oatmeal and Shea Body Wash which I already did a review here, on my blog. I bet this does not cost that much money but it really does perform soooooooo flipping good. A+ for this puppy.


Remeber my Winter Essentials blogpost during the holidays where I showcased this fella? Indeed, I highly recommend this product to all ladies and gents, out there. It doesn't feel sticky at all, and it makes your hands moisturized through out the day. It has a classic-lotion smell which I pretty much don't mind and it's really not that strong.


I have been using this product every single day in 2015 but I stopped using it all of the sudden. It's Simply Pretty's Clear Mascara by AVON. It does look nasty and such because I used to apply couple of coats of clear mascara over a real-black-mascara when I want separate my lashes without the help of tinted black mascara. However, I have been using this as an eyebrow mascara!! It does have a sheer black tint but it is completely sheer. 


Whenever I'm going out, I have been using eyeshadow for quite awhile. The perfect quad for everyday use in my opinion is Loreal's Colour Riche Quad in 841 Because I'm Worth It! usually, I used no.3 all over my lids and either 1 or 2 for the outer corners. I also liked this quad since I can use no.3 as my highlight. I'm planning to get a real highlighter soon, any suggestions?


Last in the beauty category but by no means least, is this Simply Pretty's Magic Lipstick in Green Apple by Avon. I have been using this lipstick non stop! I love how handy this lipstick is and you only need a little amount of it to fully tint your lips!


Finally invested on some good quality cat ears! This one is actually very furry which makes it more special! I have been wanting to buy cat ears for quite awhile and finally, I found one! You can find it at Broadway Gems and I believe it was around 40php.


For journaling, I have been liking my washi tapes! I do have 5 of them yet I chose to showcase just two. If you're planning to buy some washi tapes, try visiting Shoppe, they do have a great selection of stationery, journaling, art materials.


Lastly, also from Shoppe, I got these water brush pens! I really love how soft they are! I think they are just a knock off of a Idk what brand but it doesn't really matter since it does perform good. 


JIANG CHEN AND CHEN XIAO XI  was my lifeeeeeee back in January. Have you seen A love so Beautiful? It has been roaming around the internet for quite sometime now and I tell you, I really liked this Chinese Drama! It does have that Itazura Na Kiss 'vibe', probably why I really liked this drama but it differs in a number of ways. The actors/actresses were so good and they fit perfectly with their characters. In all honesty, I wasn't feeling the last few episodes of the drama. [SPOILER ALERT!!!!] When Xiao Xi and Jiangchen parted their ways, I feel like Xiao xi wasn't the Xiao xi before because she became way more mature and cold towards Jiangchen. I don't know but I really don't like it because my mindset about Xiao Xi was like Kotoko who is head over heels inlove with Naoki. I guess I couldn't stop comparing it with Itazura na kiss since they do have the same concept yet I am always reminding myself that this is another story, different plot, different characters. Not a remake of Itakiss. That being said, I was somewhat satisfied with the ending but how I wish they add few more episodes that showcases their lives after studying. Overall, this drama deserves 9 out of 10 stars.


Another drama I want to tackle is a Japanese Drama titled "Love that makes you cry". This drama was really out of my comfort zone, its plot isn't usually a 16-year-old Asian Drama addict would go for it. The plot may be a bit mature (I don't mean like x scenes okaaay) but I highly recommend this drama because it will surely make us cry!! To give you a lil background, it is a story about 6 people who comes from various provinces. The lead characters, Ren and Oto met resulting for Oto to move to Tokyo and started a new life there. I love the scenery, the vibes, the characters, everything about this drama is pure perfection! It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it did teach me a number of life lessons that I can surely apply it when time comes. I'll give this drama 9.9 out of 10. 


Ohhhhhhh, and this one. After patiently waiting for about 5 months, I finally watched this movie called, Sensei! or My Teacher. The story follows this student who fall in love with her teacher and eeeeeeepppppppppp I don't want to spoil youuuuu!!! I really liked this film! I don't wanna ramble about this film since I might be telling you the whole story. haha. I'll give this movie 10 out of 10 stars. HELLLLLAAAAA YEAAAAH!!! ITO-SENSEI!!! HAHAHA

Annnndddd here are some songs I've been listening this Spring.


OH I DO - Wengie 


Not Good Enough - Tia Lee


Blue Neighbourhood - Troye Sivan (Deluxe)
1. For him
2. SUBURBIA
3. Lost Boy
4. Cool


Hoobastank - The Reason


Bad Boy - Red Velvet


Sparkle - RADWIMPS


Think in Blue - Verdigrls


Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day


Nine Track Mind - Charlie Puth (Deluxe)
1. Then There's You
2. Up All Night
3. Does it Feel
4. As you Are


As for youtube creators, I've got 2. One of them is Anabelle, a.k.a CatCreature. Her Vlogs are soooo relaxing and aesthetically pleasing to watch, and as a creative person, I highly recommend to watch her videos if you have the same aesthetic as hers especially when you're into art and planning to take an Art course in college. Cause probably, that's the case for me.


The other one was probably one of the best discoveries, as I was searching for Chinese-themed-lookbooks since I was wayyyyyy into the Chinese Culture right after I watched A love so beautiful, I stumbled across this video titled China Lookbook by a creator who is trying to make a name in the film industry, Julia Ling Kelleher. I believe she isn't Chinese but I thought she was! I really love the China Lookbook vibes, the first & second look's vibes was really my cup of tea!! I literally had to repeat numerous times in order to satisfy myself. That early 2000s chinese-jackie-chan-film vibes? omgggg I love it so much!!! it seems to be a bit on the grunge-aesthetic side but I highly recommend to check out her works, she's amazing.

So I started writing at around 4pm and right now, its already 6:30pm. Phew! that was alot of words and products to tackle! But I really hope you did get something about my blogpost for today.
As always, till next time, friends!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amazing blog! Thanks for sharing beneficial information with us.We hope that you will continue to provide similar information to us. anti acne face cream.

    ReplyDelete

Add comment

Subscribe