Spades. | #SpadesInspired ♤

May 05, 2018


 Hello there! Y'all know IV of Spades is the current talk of the town and honestly, when they gained popularity, I really didn't like their music but as I listened to some of it, it was actually pretty good. So that's why I'm doing this makeup look called "spades." A soft summery makeup that you can actually rock day or nighttime. Also, I'm going to make this as a series, so stay tuned for more IV of Spades inspired looks/makeup. With that being said, let's hop right in!



Starting off with a bare face, I then applied concealer to the parts where I needed coverage. I'm not a foundation gal because 1.) I don't like the feeling 2.) I don't like how it looks on me 3.) I don't have the money or the will to buy a foundation. So I first used my concealer from Loreal in fair/light. It's not my exact shade, maybe 2-3x lighter than my skin tone? But I can't complain since the one who bought it was my grandmother. It has a cool or blue undertone and me, as a morena it is not looking good so I topped it with my Careline concealer in Oriental just to neutralize it since this concealer has a yellow undertone;perfect for morenas like me.


Moving on with the eyebrows, I used an eyebrow pencil from Daiso Japan in Dark Brown (couldn't find it in their website T^T) and just lightly following my natural brow shape and filling them in. Then I used a Clear Mascara from Simply Pretty by AVON (well, its already tinted lmao) just to set my brows.



Setting my face with Avon's Ideal Oil Control Pressed Powder in medium.


For the eyes, I start by warming up my lids with a bronzer shade from Victoria's Secret Jet Setter makeup kit.



Taking a shimmery pink shade from the kit, I lightly place it on the outer corners of my eyes.


And taking a shimmery orange shade, I went ahead and place it onto the inner corner of my eyes, in patting/dabbing motion.



To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes and applied Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Macara in 01 Black since I want that full glammed lashes look.


Bronzing up my face with the bronzer I used to warm up my eyelids, and applied this blush from Simply Pretty by AVON in Rosy Cheeks but I'm using it as an highlight because this guy so soooo good for a settle muted highlight. 



For the lips, I decided to wear my iconic and favorite lip combo, I used Loreal's Color Riche lipstick in 403 Eva's Red, (sadly discontinued) for the outer corners of my lips and Simply Pretty by Avon's Colorlast Lipstick in Endless Pink, for the inner corner and blend it out.



To give that IV of Spades "vibes' even more, I have these Orange/Copper Star Flakes/Sequins/Confetti whatever its called cause I forgot haha and using a non-toxic school glue to place it near my eyes, I placed 3 stars near my left eye and 1 star near my right eye, though you can't see the 1 star because of the angles I took the pictures. You can actually skip this step or maybe you think its a bit "unsanitary" but if you want to go all out, and get festive then, why not? Oh, and you can substitute it with some fake tattoos! or using a metallic liquid eyeliner/plain one, you can just draw stars near your eyes or anywhere in your face. Andddddd Voila! Here are some snaps that I took (o_<)




I hope you were inspired by the look I created, if you recreated this look, please do tag me on instagram link is in the right corner -------->, with the hashtag #SpadesInspired and if you haven't listened to IV of Spades, you should give it a go! Check them out on Spotify.

Till next time, friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe