strawberries & cigarettes

May 30, 2018


A track from Love, Simon is stuck in my head for quite sometime, singing the lyrics mentally and verbally titled Strawberries & Cigarettes and was sang by the best singer, Troye Sivan. I haven't and not interested in watching the film but as I was browsing youtube for new songs, I stumbled across this song and I got hooked. Here's an inspired look.



For the base, I'm using my Loreal True Match concealer in fair light and as usual, applying a dot under my eyes and everywhere in my face that has redness. To set, I'm using my Ideal Oil Control Pressed Powder by Avon in medium. If you're a long time reader, or have read some of my make-up posts, Apologies if my base is always the same. I'm trying to wear foundation though. I don't want to make tutorials that me, myself does not have the courage to wear it. Plus, I live in the Philippines, it would be a pain if I wear foundation while having fun under the sun.


For the brows, I used my Simply Pretty Eyebrow Defining Pencil in Black and lightly filling in my eyebrows. I also set it with a clear mascara from the same brand.



To the eyes! This is somewhat similar to my Spades inspired look but different haha. I take my bronzer from Victoria's Secret Jet setter makeup kit and applying it onto my lids.


Using a concealer brush, I used my favorite red lipstick from Loreal and apply it onto my lids.


To blend the bronzer and the lipstick, I used a shimmery pink shade from the same kit as the bronzer and I used it to soften those harsh lines. (The shade I'm referring to is in the first row, 2nd shade.)



Curled my lashes and applied a mascara from Covergirl. I like this mascara since it did give me the volume that I wanted. The formula wasn't wet nor dry. It was one of the best mascara formulas I ever had.

For the cheeks, I used my blush stick from Simply Pretty by Avon in peachy glow and I used my cheek color from the same brand in rosy cheeks as my highlighter. I applied a crap ton of it to the highest points of my face and I love the outcome!



Taking the same lipstick from the eyes, the Loreal one, I applied it to the outer corner of my lips and I fill the inner corner of my lips using a soft buttery barbie pink lipstick from Avon. I don't know what's the name of it because its my mom's and I couldn't find it in her make up bag. I blend those two together to create the shade that I desire.





Long nights, daydreams
Sugar and smoke rings, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe