🍌Banana Muffins 🧁

April 03, 2020


Ever since the Community Quarantine started, I've been making treats at home. These Banana Muffins I just recently whipped a batch of completes my warm afternoons. I would say they do not look as aPEELing (HAHA, get it?) like the ones in stores but I guarantee, that it fills you up!

I looked for recipes on the cyberspace and since I wasn't feeling the foreign ones, I decided to look for something that is suitable for a Pinoy tongue. I stumbled across a website called Panlasang Pinoy and decided to use their recipe. Although I did not followed the entire recipe, just the basic ratio of the ingredients so it served as my basis and I adjusted the recipe to my likes.

Here's my modified recipe:

Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Servings: Roughly, 12 servings

You will need:

  • 2-3 large ripe bananas or 3-4 medium bananas
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup margarine or butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 eggs


Procedure:


  1. Preheat the oven to 340 F, that is 171 C.
  2. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the eggs and beat them together with the mashed bananas. Mix in Margarine.
  4. Add the dry ingredients, such as flour, sugars and baking soda. Mix well.
  5. Add the vanilla extract.
  6. Grease muffin tins with margarine. (you do not have to do this step if you are about to use a muffin liner)
  7. Add the mixture evenly.
  8. Bake with an initial time of 30 mins. and check it from time to time. Use a fork or a toothpick to poke through the muffin to know whether it is already cooked on the inside.
  9. Once done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool.



Me being impulsive as ever, I decided to record my process in making these summer coolers! It is now up in my YouTube Channel, I hope you can watch it and subscribe! Nevertheless, I would like to include this in my blogpost to share to you the recipe of my Coffee Jelly and Gulaman. 

For my Coffee Jelly, I found this recipe and use it as my basis. Like the Banana Muffins, I adjusted the recipe to satisfy my likings.

COFFEE JELLY:

You will need:
  • 1 pack unflavored gelatin
  • 2 tablespoons instant coffee
  • 5 cups water
  • 1/2 cup sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 can Kremdensada (or 1 pack All purpose cream and 1 can Condensed Milk)
  • 1 cup Evaporated Milk
Procedure:
  1. Add 5 cups of water in a pan along with the unflavored gelatin, instant coffee and sugar.
  2. Bring it to boil by stirring the mixture constantly.
  3. Add the Vanilla Extract.
  4. Place the mixture into its molds and allow it to harden.
  5. Once the jelly has harden, slice it into cubes.
  6. In a mixing bowl, add 1 can of Kremdensada and Evaporated Milk.
  7. Mix in the Jelly.
GULAMAN:
(my mom's original recipe but I modified it a little bit)

You will need:
  • 1 pack Buko Pandan flavored-gelatin
  • 5-6 cups Water
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 3 pcs. Canned Peaches
  • 1 can Kremdensada
  • 1 cup Evaporated Milk
Procedure:
  • Follow steps 1-5 from the Coffee Jelly recipe. (I'm sorry, it's already 1:21 am, I'm too tired but I wanna put this up)
  • Strain the canned peaches and slice it into cubes.
  • Follow step 6 from the Coffee Jelly recipe and add in the Jelly and peaches.


Please Support my YouTube Channel! 

Stay Safe!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe