Watch me Journal: 5 Ghibli Movies that I like

April 18, 2020


Here's my spread about some 5 series to watch on Netflix/Hulu/Prime for the April #2020CreativeJournalingChallenge though the ones I've listed are some Ghibli movies due to the fact that I am not a series person and I have been enjoying some ghibli films this quarantine season.




First on the list, is Arrietty (2010). I cannot express how I was hooked by this film! I love the aesthetic and how quirky and cute Arrietty's home is. I admire her bravery and also Sho's kindness among these burrowers. The story revolves around Arrietty's life wherein she went burrowing for the first time. It did not went well because Sho, the ill boy who visited his grandmother's house noticed these tiny people invading their house. 


The Cat Returns (2002). It's a fun film to watch and I like how it is very straight forward. Haru, a normal High school girl rescued a cat that was about to be hit by a car. Soon enough, dozens of cats are found on the street looking for Haru. These cats wanted Haru to be like them but Haru does not want to be a cat LoL. She later met 2 amazing cats that helped her come back to the human world.



Porco Rosso (1992). It's all about this pilot who was cast under a spell that made him turn into a pig. He save lives of other people from some Air pirates. Since he is widely known to be everyone's hero, there are also some people who wants his position. His plane needed some repair so he went to Milan to visit his aircraft mechanic and later discovered that the Chief Designer in revising his plane was the owner's granddaughter, Fio. At first, he was hesitant to give the project to the girl maybe because the girl was too young and he was doubting her capabilities. Soon enough, he gave the go signal and ended up liking the newly-revised plane. I like this story so much as it shows that women's knowledge does not end in doing the laundry or cooking. It shows that Women are also capable of doing manly work and can excel in them.


Howl's Moving Castle (2004). I now understand why people are hyped about this film. Howl is just so beautiful uwu HAHA. Aside from the aesthetic, I surely enjoyed the film despite of having a 2hr screentime. I also like some plot twists shown in the movie. I do not want to elaborate more as I am about to spoil you to this film. haahhaha


The Wind Rises (2013). Let me get this straight. Jiro has the best visuals everRRRR!!!! We love engineers!!! HAHAAHHA. It's all about making airplanes that's it. LoL. A sweet and inspiring film 💖.


What are some series/movies that you've like to recommend? 
#2020CreativeJournalingChallenge

Stay Safe frens!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Impressed with the film selctions! I'll give Arrietty a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thank you so much! I hope you'll love it! ❣️

      Delete

Add comment

Subscribe