Something for Mom

May 13, 2017


Mother’s Day is right around the corner hell yeah, it's already tomorrow so I thought I would make something for my mom this year since I really don’t give her anything every Mother’s Day. HAHA.

I know this blog is slowly turning like a cooking blog but that’s okay. It’s alright. Here, I’m going to show you 2 treats you can make for any occasion but it’s still suitable for Mother’s Day.

A Surprise Vanilla Cupcake and Chocolate Chip Cookie will make you mama smile this Sunday. Enough with the talk and let’s get bakin’!

SURPRISE VANILLA CUPCAKES

Found this recipe here. but since I won’t be doing the frosting I need to make a little twist.


INGREDIENTS:


2 cups of All-purpose Flour
½ teaspoon of Salt (I prefer Iodized not rock salt)
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
¾ cup of Sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of Milk (I used Evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
½ cup butter

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat your oven to 190c (375f) and put cupcake liners on your cupcake tin.

In a bowl, add flour and baking powder together.

Cream butter and sugar, and beat the eggs one at a time. (The recipe that I followed was originally combining the flour,baking powder and salt together, but I choose to add the salt after I add the eggs on the butter and sugar mixture in order to achieve that settle salty taste.)

Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk. Also, stir in Vanilla.

Your batter is done, take a spoon and scoop a generous amount. Then, get a single chocolate square and place it in the center and scoop another batter to cover up the chocolate. (I used Dark Chocolate btw) Repeat the process until your cupcake tin is already filled with the batter. Bake them for 18 mins. and let it cool.




The second treat is something I really wanted to make for ages and it’s the classical Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Found this recipehere. This has a marshmallow filling but my local supermarket didn’t have regular mini marshmallows so didn’t have a chance to make it, but it turned out great anyways!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


INGREDIENTS:


1 cup All purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unrefined sugar or xylitol (I used brown sugar)
2 tablespoons of Oil (I used Olive Oil)
2 tablespoons Milk of Choice (Used Evaporated Milk)
½ teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 325F

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the wet ingredients. At first, it will be dry so keep stirring until you get that cookie-dough texture. I added another tablespoon of milk to help them come together but if you don’t need it then you don’t have to put another tablespoon of milk.

Roll it into balls and flatten it out.  Bake them for 11 minutes and let them cool for 10 minutes.



There you have it! Two amazing recipes you can do for Mother’s Day or for any occasion!

Happy Mother’s Day to all Moms out there!





till next time, friends!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add comment

Subscribe